Welcome to Nature Total
- Natur Total is the brand for the finest natural products that support your health and well-being.
- Products have been offered on Amazon since 2011.
- Over 21,000 positive reviews and over one million items shipped.
High quality chlorine dioxide solutions
- Natur Total chlorine dioxide solutions (CDL) are manufactured in Germany under the highest quality standards.
- Bottled in a high quality amber glass bottle.
- Can be used immediately with a dropper for precise dosing.
- Active ingredient chlorine dioxide 0.3%.
- 100% produced in a high quality distillation process.
- Made in Germany in compliance with the highest hygiene and safety regulations.
Easy application for drinking water disinfection
- Add one to two drops of the chlorine dioxide solution to one liter of drinking water.
- Leave on for one to two minutes.
- Adjust dosage and exposure time according to degree of soiling.
- Consume disinfected drinking water within two days.
Focus on customer satisfaction
- At Natur Total, the customer is at the center of everything we do.
- Proud to have shipped over one million items.
- Natural products are of the highest quality and carefully selected to provide the best possible effect.
- Trust the experience, quality and service of Natur Total.
Experience the power of nature
- Get finest chlorine dioxide for drinking water disinfection from Natur Total now.
- Try Nature Total and experience the power of nature.
Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is a strong oxidizing agent that is often used to disinfect drinking water. It is particularly effective against bacteria, viruses, fungi and certain protozoa that can cause diarrheal diseases. Chlorine dioxide has several advantages over traditional disinfection methods such as the use of chlorine:
- Chlorine dioxide is less sensitive to pH fluctuations and can therefore be used effectively over a wider pH range.
- It leaves behind fewer undesirable byproducts such as trihalomethanes (THMs) or haloacetic acids (HAAs), which can be formed when chlorine is used. These by-products can cause health concerns in high concentrations.
- Chlorine dioxide is more effective against stubborn microorganisms such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium, which can be resistant to chlorine.
Despite its benefits, there are also some concerns about the use of chlorine dioxide for drinking water disinfection:
- Chlorine dioxide is a strong oxidizing agent which can be corrosive and attack materials in high concentrations. Therefore, the dosage must be carefully monitored.
- It can produce chlorite and chlorate as by-products, which can be harmful to health in large quantities. Therefore, it is important to monitor and control the concentrations of these compounds in drinking water.
Overall, chlorine dioxide is an effective disinfectant for drinking water treatment as long as it is used in appropriate concentrations and carefully monitored. Chlorine dioxide should be used and monitored in accordance with local and national regulations and guidelines.
Chlorine dioxide solution (CDL) is a form of chlorine dioxide that can be used to disinfect drinking water. Using CDL to disinfect drinking water requires following certain procedures to ensure effectiveness and minimize health risks. Here are some basic steps to follow:
- Generating Chlorine Dioxide: CDL can be generated on site by reacting sodium chlorite (NaClO2) and an acid activator (e.g. hydrochloric acid, HCl). The resulting chlorine dioxide gas is then dissolved in water to produce the chlorine dioxide solution.
- Dosage: The optimal dosage of CDL varies depending on the water quality and the specific requirements of the drinking water system. The recommended concentration of chlorine dioxide in drinking water is usually between 0.2 and 0.8 mg/l. It is important to closely monitor and adjust the dosage to ensure effective disinfection and minimize the formation of undesirable by-products.
- Contact time: The contact time is the duration required for the disinfectant to act effectively against microorganisms. The required contact time depends on several factors, such as the type of microorganisms, water temperature and water quality. Typically, a contact time of at least 30 minutes to several hours should be maintained to achieve effective disinfection.
- Monitoring and control: It is important to continuously monitor the chlorine dioxide concentration in drinking water and adjust it as necessary to ensure effective disinfection. In addition, the concentrations of chlorite and chlorate that may be generated as by-products should also be monitored and kept within recommended limits.
- Compliance with regulations and guidelines: The use of CDL for drinking water disinfection should be in accordance with local and national regulations and guidelines. These typically include requirements for dosing, monitoring and control of chlorine dioxide, chlorite and chlorate.
Note that working with chemicals, especially strong oxidizers such as chlorine dioxide, requires safety precautions. It is important to follow the manufacturer's safety instructions and use personal protective equipment when necessary.