The Griffonia simplicifolia is also simply called the African black bean in everyday use. It is a woody climbing plant. In the West African rainforest, it belongs to the legume family - the Fabaceae. During the growth phase, it reaches a height of between three and four meters, forming small inconspicuous flowers that grow into a pod-like fruit. By the time they ripen, several, black flat seeds form inside. Once they reach maturity status, the fruits explode, catapulting the seeds inside to the periphery.
Fields of application
The substance 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan is said to be able to raise the serotonin level in the human organism and thus provide for an improved mood.
Accordingly, the plant has interesting aspects for humans as a natural preparation. The 5-HTP is isolated from the seed of Griffonia. So far, there are no conclusive results of scientific studies for the antidepressant effect of various preparations with the ingredient 5-hydroxytryptophan, which is extracted from the Griffonia. Based on naturopathic experience and decades of use by Africans, efficacy in this regard can be assumed. Accordingly, the local scientific studies and their results are still pending.
In addition, in the African habitat Griffonia is also used for migraine, sleep disorders or obesity. In this regard, Griffonia preparations could also support in the treatment of fibromyalgia - the severe pain disorders.
Before taking preparations from the 5-HTP substance, it is recommended to discuss them with your doctor or alternative practitioner.
5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is a naturally occurring molecule produced in the body from the amino acid tryptophan. 5-HTP is used to increase serotonin levels in the brain because serotonin plays an important role in regulating mood, sleep, and appetite control.
Griffonia is a plant native to West Africa and is rich in 5-HTP. Griffonia extract is therefore often used as a dietary supplement to increase serotonin levels in the body.
Some of the potential benefits of 5-HTP Griffonia may include:
- Improve mood: 5-HTP can help increase serotonin levels in the brain, thereby improving mood.
- Sleep support: Since serotonin is also involved in the regulation of sleep, taking 5-HTP can help improve sleep quality.
- Appetite Control: Serotonin also plays an important role in appetite control and taking 5-HTP can help reduce cravings.
It is important to note that the effect of 5-HTP-Griffonia may be different for each person and that further research is needed to understand the exact mechanisms of action. If you intend to take 5-HTP Griffonia as a dietary supplement, you should discuss this with your doctor, especially if you are already taking medication or have a medical condition.
- Effect of 5-HTP Griffonia: See my previous answer.
- Side effects: Possible side effects of 5-HTP Griffonia include nausea, stomach upset, dizziness, and headache. There are also concerns about a possible interaction with certain medications and an increased risk of eosinophilia myalgia syndrome (EMS), although this is rare.
- Dangerousness: In the recommended dosage, 5-HTP Griffonia is usually safe. However, it is important not to exceed the recommended dosage and to take it only under medical supervision.
- When to take: It is recommended to take 5-HTP Griffonia about 30-60 minutes before bedtime.
- Dosage: The recommended dosage of 5-HTP Griffonia varies depending on the product and intended use. It is recommended to follow the manufacturer's instructions or talk to a doctor.
- Gram Price/Milliliter Price: The gram or milliliter price of 5-HTP Griffonia may vary depending on the manufacturer, product and package size. It is recommended to compare prices from different suppliers to find the best deal.
- Natur Total 5-HTP Griffonia Capsules online: Natur Total is a company that offers various dietary supplements, including 5-HTP Griffonia Capsules. It is recommended to follow the manufacturer's instructions or talk to a doctor before taking any supplements.
- African black bean Griffonia: Griffonia simplicifolia is a plant native to West Africa and is rich in 5-HTP. The extracts of this plant are often used as a source of 5-HTP in dietary supplements.
- Price comparison: to compare the gram or milliliter price of 5-HTP Griffonia, you should consider the package size, price and dosage of the product. It is recommended to compare prices from different suppliers to find the best deal.
- Griffonia simplicifolia is a plant species of the legume family (Fabaceae) native to West and Central Africa. The seeds of the plant contain a high proportion of 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), a precursor of the neurotransmitter serotonin.
Griffonia simplicifolia is used as a remedy in traditional African medicine to treat mood problems, sleep disorders, migraines and pain due to its high 5-HTP content.
In the Western world, Griffonia simplicifolia is commonly used as a dietary supplement to increase serotonin levels. There are many different forms of Griffonia simplicifolia extract, including capsules, tablets, and powder.
Although most human studies are limited and conflicting, there is some evidence that Griffonia simplicifolia extract may actually increase serotonin levels, thereby alleviating mood problems, sleep disturbances, and other symptoms associated with low serotonin levels.
However, it is important to note that dietary supplements are not regulated by the FDA and there are no uniform standards for the production and dosage of Griffonia simplicifolia extract. Therefore, it is recommended to follow the manufacturer's instructions and talk to a doctor before taking supplements.